11 May 2007

Buildings

The kids and I went to Chicago today, to deliver chicken and duck eggs to a restaurant in Lincoln Park. The chef very much appreciates our eggs, and once carried a case of them onto an airplane to take with him to a demonstration in Florida. Anyway, he wanted a good supply of our eggs for the expected crush of customers for Mother's Day, and we were happy to oblige.

As our van navigated Lake Shore Drive into the city, my oldest son piped up from the back seat with an observation: "Look! They're building a new building over there!"

"Yes," I muttered, dodging traffic.

"Of course!" Drama Queen Daughter agreed. "They're building another building. They're always building buildings here. There are too many buildings in Chicago already!"

I burst out laughing, and continued weaving my way through traffic, but didn't say anything.

"You're probably going to put that in your blog, aren't you Daddy?" she asked.

The only thing I could do was keep laughing.

No comments: