28 April 2010

Raw Milk Crackdown

Don't know about the rest of you, but I sure feel safer knowing the Feds are out there working hard to protect us from ... Amish famers trafficking in "raw milk in final package form for human consumption."

“They came in the dark, shining bright flashlights while my family was asleep, keeping me from milking my cows, from my family, from breakfast with my family and from our morning devotions, and alarming my children enough so that the first question they asked my wife was, ‘Is Daddy going to jail?’”


That’s how Amish farmer Dan Allgyer described an early morning visit last week from two FDA agents, two U.S. Marshals, and a Pennsylvania state trooper. Apparently, investigating a single farmer for possibly trafficking raw milk across state lines requires a show of force.

The full story is here:
Raw Milk Crackdown The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Kind of makes you wonder how the human race survived for so many thousands of years, drinking this unpasteurized poison, without an FDA to shield us from it.

And definitely makes me glad we own our own dairy animals.

No comments: