26 January 2012

How Thick is Your Bubble?

I've read quite a bit of the advance press for Charles Murray's new book, Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010, and am looking forward to reading it. I plan to blog about it once I do, as I think his central premise is important and on-target.

For an excellent overview by Murray, I recommend this recent WSJ article.

Murray has also put up a fun quiz, where you can estimate your own degree of cultural isolation or engagement with the broader American culture. My results (and a link to the quiz) are below.

How Thick Is Your Bubble?

View user's Quiz School Profile
Guest
Score » 10 out of 20 (50% )
Result
On a scale from 0 to 20 points, where 20 signifies full engagement with mainstream American culture and 0 signifies deep cultural isolation within the new upper class bubble, you scored between 9 and 12.



In other words, even if you're part of the new upper class, you've had a lot of exposure to the rest of America.
Quiz SchoolTake this quiz & get your score

No comments: